Experienced and Committed
Chris Marks has served on the School Board for 9 years, and has been privileged to work every day with students and professionals who supply drive, talent and dedication, which in combination with tremendous community support, make the Bellevue School District a national leader in education. Chris has been instrumental in numerous school board accomplishments including:
- Renovation plan for the Bellevue District’s school facilities that includes completion of 13 newly rebuilt schools to date.
- Management of 16% growth in student population.
- Expansion of Alternative Learning options.
- Two voter-approved levy elections and one bond measure.
- Transition of the District Administration.
- Growth and Development of the IT Department.
- Growth and Development of the Communications Department.
"Modern facilities provide a critical component in the delivery of the educational and developmental growth that all of our children deserve in the twenty-first century. I want to return to the School Board to continue this important work."
Chris was appointed to the Bellevue School Board in March of 2004 and has since been elected twice to that position. She is past President of the Board and is currently serving as the Board’s Legislative Representative. She has served as liaison to the Bellevue Schools Foundation, PTSA Council and Bellevue Youth Link.
Chris recently retired after 25 years as an immunochemistry laboratory technician and lab manager in the field of organ transplantation. Her four children attended the Bellevue public schools and graduated from Bellevue High School.